Monday, April 12, 2010

Welcome to My World

Transcript of a voice message left on my phone earlier:

Hi. Ummm…. I am not sure if this is the right person to talk to but I was
transferred over to you by a guy I talked to at environmental health? Yes, well,
my name Jeanie and I am calling to report that we found some Hornets from Hell
in our backyard and I think you should alert the emergency rooms in the area
they should watch for people with stings. If you just Google that, Hornets from
Hell, you can see what I mean. They are these new, killer hornets that are
normally found in Japan? But we have them here. My husband said you can come
over and try to catch one and that will prove they are in America. Please call
me back, I’m at….


I never know exactly what to do with these calls. I feel bad for the woman, I could tell by her voice she was upset, but what am I supposed to do about this? And gee, thanks environmental health, for transferring her to me.

I googled it and found this.

I did not alert the emergency rooms.

I also did not go to her house to catch one of her hellacious hornets.

No comments:

Post a Comment